A call to share

January 30, 2014

Last 2013, I was invited to give a talk, thrice on prayer meetings and once on a Weekend Formation. When someone asks me to, I don't hesitate to grab the opportunity to share, even when I thought I'm not ready. But then, God helps me always.

We had a joint prayer meeting with the Antioch community of San Isidro Labrador Parish last week. It was rescheduled twice, so we were happy that it pushed through. One of our team leaders, JM, asked me to give a talk on this prayer meeting. At first, I thought that I was invited since there's no one who would like to be the talk giver, like it's by default. But later on, I knew this was a good way to reexamine my faith and to consider what would be good to share to a bunch of young people.

When I was thinking of probable topics to share, I also thought of my friends and others who would listen. I thought of what they could get from what I would share. And then I recalled, that it is not always about me, but Him alone. 

I met with a friend few weeks back and we talked about single-minded prayer and it was quite a revelation to me, too. She said that her friend shared about it and I thought of passing it on to the youth who would listen to my sharing. As I read further about this prayer, I observed my attitude towards praying and realized that I need to change some things with how I communicate with God. Truly, sharing is a God's call, and a way of re-checking one's faith and attitude.
Antioch Sto. Niño de Bancaan
I kept my sharing light and interactive. I was a little disappointed that some people that I expected to come, didn't show up. I just thought that maybe they could get something from what God prepared me to talk about. Well, so much about expectations.

I was happy with this joint prayer meeting. We got to mingle with others and played with them. The communal prayer was solemn, and a "Hey God! Go, go, go!" cheer was a perfect finale of the prayer meeting.

Antioch Sto. Niño de Bancaan, joint prayer meeting, Antioch San Isidro Labrador
Antioch Sto. Niño de Bancaan, Antioch San Isidro Labrador, Naic Cavite, joint prayer meeting
We ended the night with hours of endless singing and eating (a lot, thanks to Miguel!) It was a good day!

God bless you and me! ♡

*Photo Credit: Marby Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment