When he gets weird

February 19, 2014

Couples, flowers, and chocolates flooded all over the places during Valentine's Day. It is always expected, along with the heavy traffic. My friends at work even talked about how we should leave early to hit home at a reasonably time that day.

We were all wearing black that day for our Glam rock themed Valentine Party with the kids. We thought how it was unfitting for this season of love. I enjoyed every bit of the party especially when I saw my kids danced in front of their moms and dads. Plus, I received sweets (messages and chocolates) from kids and parents. It felt like Teacher's day.

There was a trace of bitterness in friends' posts at different social networking sites, especially of those who were single for whatever reason they have. I thought how Valentine's is overrated, when it felt commercialized celebrating it.

I was about to get my bag and leave when someone looked for me in the frontline. It was a delivery. And then I thought, "Who can possibly give this to me?" I even opened the package slowly that read it was from Island Rose. To my surprise, it was from Michael, my boyfriend.
island rose ph
Delivery from Island Rose
That's weird, I thought to myself. Haha. I don't even enjoy flowers that much. So I looked if there's a letter attached to the package and found a short note. Aha! I love short notes. And there's a belgian chocolate box. My heart was so happy, I love chocolates even more! Haha

Well, Michael probably knows I don't fancy flowers but anyway, it was Valentine's and flowers were classic gifts one can give to their partners. It just that we were not that kind of couple who typically gives this kind of gifts to each other on special days. We love sharing songs, music-related stuff, and poetry, instead. And once in a while, it makes me glad that he gets weird by doing unusual things for us, like this one, even when there's distance between us. Well, that's love.

Love knows no distance. Love is giving time. Love is that surprise which makes your heart skip a beat every time. Love is not something to find because it is just right there in your heart. Love is not always perfect, but you can always choose to work it out. And, love is in the eye of the one who sees your faults and accepts you for who you are.

This season of love, I have yet another chance to be aware of all the love around me, and to let it grow more. May you see the love inside you and hope that you share it to the people you care for! God loves you! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment