Last day of class with the Lorax!

March 21, 2015

Yesterday was our last day of class, but there are still a lot of things to finish. Next week will be the Recognition and Graduation day!

Unfortunately, there would be no moving up exercises for the Kinder class this year, the supervisors had agreed to it. To make our last day in school fun, I decided to give my Kinder class a movie treat since most of them haven't experienced watching in a movie house yet. I thought this would be a great chance to let them have that experience. Our lessons for the last few weeks were about taking care of the community, and The Lorax would be perfect because it has that theme.
Truffula trees everywhere!
I set up the classroom to make it seemed like a movie house and I made a small photo booth for the kids, of course with a little help from friends. When the kids came to the room, they got excited and wanted to watch already! Rules needed to be cleared because kids will be kids.
Me, as Teacher Jill with the Lorax!
  Some of the children got confused with the story so I prompted them throughout the movie so the message wouldn't get lost. I'm glad that most of them knew that cutting down trees, plus trashing the communiy aren't right at all. 
My morning class!
My afternoon class!
After the movie, we took a photo with the Lorax and watched a slideshow of our class activities. It was fun! I'll miss my first Kinder classes in the public school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment