Read, cook, eat

June 18, 2015

I love eating. I like trying out new and familiar dishes with my husband. Sometimes, I would prepare food for meals back in PH. Most of the time, I was the one assigned to prepare the ingredients for certain dishes - preparations such as chopping, mincing and washing the vegetables and meat to be used. My mom or brother do the cooking most of the time.

I haven't thought that cooking dishes on a daily basis would be such a challenge. Thinking of meals to prepare is a lot harder since I have a limited knowledge on food preparation. Oh, I remember a requisite course about food nutrition I took in the university and I had the same role in our group works, which is measuring the ingredients needed. I never led our group in following cooking and/or baking steps. Thus, preparing meals can be a tough task of a housewife. Who else thinks that being a housewife is underrated?

Anyway, I have tried cooking some dishes for two weeks that I've been here. I would look at what's available in the fridge and what I can prepare with it. Sometimes, we go to the grocery to buy what we need for something that I'd like to try to prepare and eat. The internet (oh, yes) is such a big help in food preparation. Thanks to all the recipes that are budget-friendly and easy to understand. Haha. I can just search keywords and voila - I can scan and choose the recipe that fits.

I'm sharing the photos of some foods that I prepared. Most often than not, the dishes turned out good.

Fish fillet
Chicken with lemon sauce (looks can be deceiving) This turned out sour.
Burger Steak
Omelette and fried chicken franks (this one's the easiest to prepare)
Tuna fussili carbonara
I found preparing these dishes enjoyable especially when they turned out great. I think my husband enjoyed eating all of these. It's funny that they actually looked good in photos that's why I shared them here. Tomorrow is another day to think of which recipe to make. Cheers to happy cooking and eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment