Of doing something right

October 28, 2015

I'm having a great time in the school so far. Aside from keeping me busy with something productive, I'm having fun getting to know the kids, reviewing Spanish language (for one kid in my class), and preparing lessons! It was so nice when most of the teaching resources that you need are just an inch away.

Michael and I are also doing fine with almost everything, from household chores, to simple and big decisions making. I want us to enjoy this time together, while being far from families and friends, and while working and saving for future plans. We always think about when we'll be going home, what to do, because we definitely miss even the little things in the Philippines. Maybe that's the thing with living and working in another country, we live and count the months left dreaming of home. But, missing home doesn't keep us from having fun, happiness can be cheaper than what you imagine it to be.

Finally, I was overwhelmed seeing happy updates from friends in the Antioch community these past few days. They held a sports festival and I guessed that they really had a great time together amidst few conflicts. I remember when we had our first sports festival, there was really the spirit of competition but at the end of the day, everyone went home tired but happy. I am actually overwhelmed that these activities we started years ago were being held regularly, like the fun runs. I was taking my P.E. running class  when I joined fun runs in the university because they were required. I suggested to the community that we could plan a fun run. The first time we organized a fun run in our town with the Antioch community, it was a hit! I'm proud that we still do it on a regular basis. With all the things that I shared with Antioch, I realized that the times I spent on and with the formation are all worthwhile. I can say that I must have done something right with what God has blessed me. Oh, grateful.☺

I'm sharing another good song here, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment