Sewing Materials in Riyadh

August 1, 2019

It is never too late to try new things - to discover something that you might love. I learned a new skill last year and I'm hoping to improve on it. I love this new craft that I even made a separate label for it in this blog. Guess what it is: it's sewing!

When I was starting out in sewing, it was a kind of struggle to find materials to try different techniques with my home sewing machine. Everytime we went out to shop, I would look if there's a sewing materials section in the supermarket to find needles and other accessories. I would search online to see if someone else have written about where to find sewing materials in Riyadh, and yes, there were a few but they seemed limiting. So here is a list of place that I've found if you are looking for sewing accessories and materials.

 Al Sharq Bookstore
sewing accessories in a store
 Sewing supplies in Al Sharq Bookstore
Al Sharq Bookstore is located in Souq Taibah. It is easy to spot because it is quite big. This is a place to go to buy school materials, stuff for arts and crafts, and yes, sewing supplies. There is whole aisle or two for sewing materials. You'll find needles, seam ripper, tape measure, fabric chalk, thread, some buttons, yarn, and more in affordable prices. If you want to check out this store, find it in the map here. And if you're looking for fabric, just walk around Souq Taibah and you'll find the shops.


International Stationery Center
sewing accessories in a store
Sewing supplies in a stationery store in Rabwah
This one is near our favorite tameez shop in Rabwah. I just checked it out one time and it has a corner for sewing materials. It does not have everything that you may need but they have threads (even the elastic ones), needle (sometimes), buttons, zippers, and some other accessories. I haven't checked the other stationery shops in the area but I guess that they also have some of these supplies. If you want to check out this store, find it in the map here.

Lulu Hypermarket
sewing accessories in a store
Sewing supplies in Lulu Hypermarket
We rarely shop in Lulu Hypermarket Murabba branch because the traffic in its area is kind of crazy. I didn't expect to find sewing supplies here so I wasn't looking whenever we went there. I was surprised to find different kinds and sizes of needles - the ones that I was searching for. All of the supplies were under the same brand, which I believe was not of high quality. I've tried the needles and a couple already broke when I used them on my machine. The hemming tape I bought works fine. If you want to check out the store, find it in the maps here. These supplies are also available in other branches.

Tamimi Market
sewing accessories in a store
Sewing supplies in Tamimi Market
Other branches of Tamimi market also have this home sewing accessories corner. The accessories are limited and quite pricey compared to other stores but they're good enough especially if you don't have access to other shops. This is where I bought my seam ripper and nippers when I just began sewing.

Dirah
We visited a specific area in Dirah to see if the sewing shops there are worth checking out. There's a whole block for sewing and crafts materials! Some of the shops sell fabrics, some have high prices, but there are more affordable shops. Some have high quality threads and accessories. I believe that whatever it is you're looking for (sewing wise that is), they have it. It's really worth a visit. If you want to check out the store, find them in the map here.

These are just of the places I have seen so far. Some of the other stores that house limited sewing accessories are Daiso, IKEA, Jarir Bookstore, and some 5-Riyal shops. Happy sewing (and hunting)!☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment