Take a walk

December 18, 2016

My husband and I had visited the hospital several times this past few months. I underwent some examinations and I'm taking treatment for three months now. Maybe I'll write about those experiences on a separate post. Aside from the treatment that I was given, the doctor also told me that it's pertinent that I lose some weight.

I haven't thought of losing weight particularly since the time I felt comfortable with my body. Yes, I'm not in my fittest self, but I'm not having problems with the extra pounds that I have. So, when the doctor told me to shed some weight, I was a little clueless where to start. We began with making healthier food choices. My husband is motivated to lose weight too and I think that it has made all the difference.


I tried aerobics for more than a month. I found some good resources and followed the exercises for twenty minutes five days a week. It was tiring but I enjoyed it for a time. It worked for a while but the routine became less motivating. Then I thought of walking instead.


Walking has helped me lose weight when I was in the university years ago. I took a P.E. course on walking, and we walked at least 5 km each session. Good thing that there are many parks here where we can walk or jog around. It has been a month already since we started this walking exercise. We walk at least 3 km everyday and I feel better. It's already winter here, but the cool breeze won't stop us from walking. Anyway, we'll get by with the help of thick sweaters and jackets, and occasionally holding hands. The outdoors, the sounds of birds and the wind, the weird joggers we encounter, and some noises of the cars passing by the park make walking even more enjoyable.

We have seen some progress so far and I hope that we see some more in the future.


Walking is an inexpensive alternative for people who want to lose weight, especially when enrolling in gym classes costs a lot. There are many benefits that we can get from walking, you'll find scientific studies about them. For people who are struggling to lose weight, I think allotting some time to walk everyday would be a good start. It won't give quick results but it will help you feel better and healthier. 


Go, take a walk outside, and see the difference that it can bring. :)

take a walk Al nahdah riyadh KSA
Take a walk

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, I want to lose weight too! Badly!!! I'm into stress eating kasi. Please let me know how you did it :(

    ReplyDelete