Arts and crafts for Christmas

November 30, 2016

Christmas is almost here again! I can't believe that we are one month away from year 2017. I can imagine the decorations and lights everywhere that will make you feel that Christmas is coming, except here and in some other Muslim countries of course. Bazaars and promotions are a plenty for sure. Christmas means different for everyone. For some, it means family reunions and get together with delightful buffet. For some, it means giving, sharing, and reaching out to people in need. While for those who are still going to school, it's the long holidays to look out for! And there's the more significant meaning of Christmas - the celebration of God's incredible act of love through the birth of Jesus Christ.

For preschools, this time of the year means looking and preparing for arts and crafts about Christmas. For many years of teaching young children, I have tried a lot of fun arts and crafts out there but sadly, I didn't have most of the photos - maybe I have them but it may take some digging in my storage device. Anyway, last year I was able to take pictures of some Christmas arts and crafts I made with my Nursery class. I thought of sharing them here for educators and/or parents looking for ideas. Most of them are simple and just need a couple of materials. Check them out:


Santa hat

What you need: party hat template by ohhappyday, red poster paint, sparkles, cotton balls, glue, red yarn

Christmas Tree Sun catcher
What you need: Christmas tree template, colored tissue paper cut in small pieces, glue
(for another version, check this.)

Christmas tree mobile
What you need: Christmas tree template printed on green paper, glitter foam sheet cut in small shapes, glitter glue

Christmas card
What you need: board paper, colored raw noodles, sparkles, glue

Snow man
What you need: cardboard cut in circles, colored foam sheets, googly eyes, glue, mixture of white poster paint, water, and salt

Christmas wreath
What you need: bond paper for hand printouts, green poster paint, red yarn, glitter foam sheets

Christmas angel
What you need: white board paper, glitter glue, cotton balls, gold ribbon

Santa's reindeer
What you need: popsicle sticks, red and green yarns, brown and red foam sheets, brown poster paint, googly eyes, glue

These arts and crafts are just simple, yet they add color and Christmas ambiance to the classroom and at home. I hope that I find my other photos of Christmas arts and crafts, but these are all for now. Have yourself a merry little Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment