Refashion: Loose vintage top to semi-fitted top

August 29, 2019

I still have quite a few clothes from a flea market that I haven't refashioned. Refashion is simply changing an old or used clothing item to give it a new look or a new purpose. My interest in refashion started when I learned how to sew. Being both thrifty and eager to learn more about sewing, refashion helps me save more money as I practice this new skill. You can learn more about refashion here where Evelyn Wood has a nice storytelling video about it.

Anyway, this is how I altered a loose vintage top I bought last year into something more fitted to me.  I especially liked the unique print, which is what usually I look for in clothes aside from dark colored fabric. Some of the changes I made were making a wider V-neck, shorter sleeves and bodice, and taking a few inches on the sides. There were only a few alterations but the style changed completely for me.
Loose vintage top to semi-fitted top
I have worn this item a couple of times already. I wore it recently on an Eid trip as shown below.
woman standing at a fort
Visited an old fort
I have a couple of sewing projects still in line and would be glad to share them here once I finished them.☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment