Refashion: Summer-ready tops

May 1, 2020

Staying at home for a long time can be frustrating and depressing; introducing something new to your routine - a hobby perhaps, can be a sanity-saver during this crisis. If you picked a hobby to try on the first week of quarantine, you probably get the hang of it by now. Consider yourself fortunate if you have access to different resources to support a hobby these days. You'll find a lot of activities to try, you just have to choose what floats your boat.

I started sewing last year, but unfortunately I do not have my Brother sewing machine here while quarantining. I content myself with my mom's mini-sewing machine (which has a lot of limitations). It's summer here and some of my old clothes could use some update. Here are a few easy refashions that I made:

The Beatles shirt
I had this shirt back in college, and I had to wash it thoroughly to remove the yellow stains first. To make it summer-ready, I cut out the original round collar and the sleeves, traced the new armholes, and finished the edges of the fabric. I also took in a little from the shoulders so that it's better fitting. 
The Beatles shirt, Top 40s store shirt
The Beatles tank top 

The Jerks shirt
This shirt is my husband's. It's a size bigger now for him and I thought it would be more perfect without sleeves. To update the style, I cut out the original round collar and sleeves, traced the new armholes, and finished the edges. It is still a bit loose for my husband but it will do.
The Jerks band shirt
The Jerks tank top
Family/clan shirt
This one is fairly new but I decided to re-style it anyway. I took out about 4 cm from the sleeves, folded the edge twice and stitched the folds in place. Then I traced and cut the tie in the front and took out about 10 cm at the back. I hemmed the edge and it now fits me well.
Tapawan family/clan shirt
Tie-front top
I enjoyed doing these refashions. I hope you found something to do that you'll eventually love and find comfort in. De-stress, find a craft, create, this too shall pass. Cheers!☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment