Our story (in photographs and poetry)

April 16, 2015


If I had known everything I know about who you are back when I didn't know a thing about you, I would’ve pulled you aside sooner and said Thank You for being one of the most incredible people I will ever know.
In that moment, our eyes met and I remember thinking This is what it is like to be struck by lightning, knowing I would never be untouched by you again.


Tied together by stuff too difficult to explain to someone new.

It’s not something that’s easy 
to explain, to see you standing 

there, etched in the morning 

light and suddenly remember 

every one of a thousand 

lifetimes with you 

and at the same time, this one 

exquisite life that will never 

be enough to know you 

all over again.




We sat in the dark, holding hands and let the sky pull us up into a million stars and it was quiet for a long time and then you said, "They’re more beautiful tonight than any stars I've seen before," and I could only nod and wonder if this is how it always is when you let yourself love enough to become the world you see.


I am still wrapped in your soft skin today and is it any wonder that all I can do is sit here without words, smiling with the joy of being in this world with you.



I hope you know by now, 
no matter where you are, 

that the way Life sings 

through us into the whole, 

wide world is something 

like magic 

and you will always be 

the reason I’m 

not afraid 

to love.

As long as the sun shall rise goes the old lovers vow. But we are children of a scientific age & have no time for poetry. Still, I offer a quiet prayer of thanks for the sunlight each time I see your face.

We had gone far enough together to listen easily in the quiet spaces.

Photography: Red Label Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment