Refashion: Plunge neckline to Peplum

February 22, 2019

I finished this project for a while now but I didn't quite get to sit down and share it here. I bought the top at a flea market and liked the print right away. At first I thought that I could wear it without changing its look, then I found out later that the neckline was too low. I couldn't wear it like that, it's just not my style. After carefully checking how much fabric I could take to change its look, I finally decided to make it a peplum top.
woman's top
Plunge neckline to peplum
I was a little hesitant to sew it into a peplum because I tried wearing one before and it wasn't flattering on my body. I have never worn that top which I only borrowed from my mom. But then, after seeing style inspirations and different cuts of women tops, I chose to take the risk and learned to gather fabric for the first time. It was fun making it and I'm proud to wear it. In fact, I have worn it in Dubai during our short holiday, as pictured below.
a woman standing in the stairs of Deira museum
This top is comfortable to wear!
I'm quite enjoying refashioning old clothes and getting to wear them the way I like. Here's to more sewing projects and keeping creative juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment